In our lab, people rarely work alone - we collaborate a lot with each other as well as with external researchers and our industry partners.
Mohamed AbdelRazik, M.Sc.
- Grad Student, Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
- MSc. Graduate, Computer Science, The American University in Cairo
I work in the area of Generative Software Development (see an overview by Krzysztof Czarnecki [pdf], listen to an interview with Krzysztof on Software Engineering Radio [podcast]). In particular, I am interested in the role of BPM and BPM patterns in bridging the Business-IT gap.
Industrial ExperienceI have 10 years of industrial experience, playing various software development roles.
- Holosofx 1998-2002
- IBM 2002-2008
Leadership and Community Service
Chairing and Organization
- Co-Chair and organizer of the workshop titled "Bridging the Business-IT Gap using BPM: Challenges and Opportunities", held in conjunction with CASCON'09.
Currently at the "Universty of Waterloo"
- At the University level
- Member of the University Senate (May 2009-April 2011).
- Member of the Senate Long Range Planning Committee (May 2009-April 2011).
- Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (May 2010-April 2011).
- At the GSA level
- GSA VP External (Sept 2010-April 2011).
- Member of the GSA International Grad Student Issues Committee (since May 2008).
- IBM Certified Business Process Analyst - WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced V6.0.2
- IBM Certified Solution Designer - IBM Rational Unified Process V7.0
- SUN Certified programmer for the JAVA 2 Platform
- Spring 2009 - Teaching Assistant for ECE452 SE2: Software Design & Architecture CS446 / ECE452 / SE464