In our lab, you are free to work on what you are interested in, and your colleagues will always be there when you need help or feedback.
Ed Zulkoski, B.S.
Ph.D. StudentPhone: +1 570 328 2374
Email: ezulkosk@ gsd .uwaterloo .ca
B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, Wilkes University
- Using automated algorithm configurators such as SMAC to synthesize competitive SMT strategies.
- Investigating CAS-SAT combinations. Designed a tool (MathCheck) that was used to verify two conjectures over hypercubes beyond previously known bounds.
- ClaferSMT -- a full translation of the Clafer modeling language to SMT. Improved performance primarily for numeric operations.
- Optimizing Alloy for Multi-objective Optimization of SPLs -- Applied formula rewrite techniques within the Kodkod solver, reducing the number of integer atoms to solve SPL optimization problems.
- Exact Parallel Multi-Objective Combinatorial Optimization -- Defined and implemented several algorithms for exact MCOP solving, using off-the-shelf SMT solvers.
"MathCheck: A Math Assistant based on a Combination of Computer Algebra Systems and SAT Solvers", International Conference on Automated Deduction, Berlin, Germany, Springer, 08/2015.
"Automated Decomposition and Allocation of Automotive Safety Integrity Levels Using Exact Solvers", SAE 2015 World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, USA, SAE, 04/2015.
"Scaling Exact Multi-Objective Combinatorial Optimization by Parallelization", 29th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), Västerås, Sweden, ACM, to appear, 2014.
"Optimizing Alloy for Multi-Objective Software Product Line Configuration", ABZ, Toulouse, France, Springer-Verlag, 06/2014.