Our extensive industrial collaboration enables us to do research with immediate application to software development practices in realistic settings.
Ed Zulkoski, B.S.
Ph.D. StudentPhone: +1 570 328 2374
Email: ezulkosk@ gsd .uwaterloo .ca
B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, Wilkes University
- Using automated algorithm configurators such as SMAC to synthesize competitive SMT strategies.
- Investigating CAS-SAT combinations. Designed a tool (MathCheck) that was used to verify two conjectures over hypercubes beyond previously known bounds.
- ClaferSMT -- a full translation of the Clafer modeling language to SMT. Improved performance primarily for numeric operations.
- Optimizing Alloy for Multi-objective Optimization of SPLs -- Applied formula rewrite techniques within the Kodkod solver, reducing the number of integer atoms to solve SPL optimization problems.
- Exact Parallel Multi-Objective Combinatorial Optimization -- Defined and implemented several algorithms for exact MCOP solving, using off-the-shelf SMT solvers.
"MathCheck: A Math Assistant based on a Combination of Computer Algebra Systems and SAT Solvers", International Conference on Automated Deduction, Berlin, Germany, Springer, 08/2015.
"Automated Decomposition and Allocation of Automotive Safety Integrity Levels Using Exact Solvers", SAE 2015 World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, USA, SAE, 04/2015.
"Scaling Exact Multi-Objective Combinatorial Optimization by Parallelization", 29th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), Västerås, Sweden, ACM, to appear, 2014.
"Optimizing Alloy for Multi-Objective Software Product Line Configuration", ABZ, Toulouse, France, Springer-Verlag, 06/2014.